Tuesday 13 November 2012

Getting to where I want to be...

My crafting has been practically non-existent.
I found my self in a deep, dark, lonely, crafting rut!
Everything was in the living room, covered in a layer of dust, inaccessible, unused and unloved.
For sometime now, my crafting (when it has happened) has taken place on a small table with me hunched up and everything in a mess around me.
When you stop crafting because getting everything out just seems like a hassle is when you know it's time for a change.

After a while, a plan formed in my mind. 
To cut a long story short, this involved moving all my craft stuff down stairs, to the space under the stairs. I'll spare you the details, just know it took over a week of sorting, dusting, sneezing and thinking.


Now I can work on the kitchen table and everything has a place, amazingly.

To the left of the stairs is the cupboard which houses the unit that powers the warm air heating, the door was an ugly brown and had seen better days so out came my old friend, blackboard paint. Several coats later.



Then found a button that I bought ages ago, just because I liked it. Stuck it on the handle with a mixture of silicone and super glue.



Even Dave liked it.
Now I'm looking forward to getting more crafting done.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment